Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx dash bin won't stay closed

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
hi there,

theres an enclosure in the dash of my VX under the stereo head unit just near the cigarette lighter socket that won't close. Has anyone else had this problem and know a good way to get it to close???

gotta love those holden plastics.....

R

RKZ234

mitch01 said:
hi there,

theres an enclosure in the dash of my VX under the stereo head unit just near the cigarette lighter socket that won't close. Has anyone else had this problem and know a good way to get it to close???

gotta love those holden plastics.....

Yes I've had the problem with both our VX's. It's a very common fault. Thankfully mine played up under warranty, as once it stays open, it needs to be replaced. There's nothing that can be done to fix it.

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
I've had that happen too. It's a small plastic thing that costs about $13 from Holden.

Ciao ...

R

RKZ234

Storm said:
I've had that happen too. It's a small plastic thing that costs about $13 from Holden.

Ciao ...

Try $32 inc GST plus fitting!!!!!!

Had one replaced 29th April (yesterday)

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
That's why I always buy the part and don't let Holden touch my car ... bloody expensive exercise that.

Ciao ...

vxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
RKZ234 said:
Try $32 inc GST plus fitting!!!!!!

Had one replaced 29th April (yesterday)

Dude.. they saw you coming..:( part No 92103515 $9.80 + gst from my local holden dealer. I bought half a dozen for spares.

R

RKZ234

vxcalais said:
Dude.. they saw you coming..:( part No 92103515 $9.80 + gst from my local holden dealer. I bought half a dozen for spares.

Checked my copy of the R/O. Part No. used GM 92050753 (Door ASM CNSL) :confused:

I'll be investigating what difference there is between the two parts.

Thanks very much for the info. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RKZ234

Console Comaprtment Part no's - Update

OK, did some research and discovered,

part No GM92103515 $9.80 + gst is the compartment door latch
part No GM92050753 $32.43 + gst is the compartment door

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
If I were to just buy the door latch (apparently about ten bucks), it would be fairly easy to replace myself yeah? cause I think its just the little clip section thats no good, the door itself seems OK.

S

scooter2708

Yep. Easy to fit. Have a look inside on the rhs of the bin. Once you undo it and remove the mechanism you just unclip the broken latch and put in the new one.

Cheers