does anyone know what would cause the orange/yellow wire found on the plug leading to the electric window switches (console) would be blackened inside the plug housing? the connecter appears to be burnt out but before i repair it i was hoping to find out what would be the cause...or is it just from long term use?
Smell it to c if it smells burnt. It could b dirt or grease from previous owner.
If it's burnt u may have a bad earth.
Or it could b the window switch block. It can get hot and melt the ends of the little plastic pins inside it. Wen they melt to much, the window won't go up or down or both cause the pin presses a little copper/brass seesaw bit of metal down too the switch that controls the up or the down function. If it melts too much it can engage the up and down switch at same time constantly which will make the wiring harness hot and can start burning at certain places.
Hope u understood that. I think I confused myself reading it lol