Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i pull the cd player out of a vs commodore?

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
bought my car with a cd player now im putting a amp and sub in and need to kjnow how to pull the head head unit out? i have been trying to fiddle with the plastic dash around it and trying to pop it out but it feels like its gunna snap if i pull it any harder.how do i remove cd player surrounding?

Any Help would be great thanks!

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Supposedly you need to pull half the dash out. Correct me if imwrong but there is 2 bolts that hold it in

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
yeah mate, 2 screws hold the cd player in but to get to the two bolts you need to remove the dash surround and gear surround. there is a how to in the how to section

SHIFT3D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yea goodluck, so many plastic panels have to be removed just to get to the 2 lil screws haha, good half day job if your unsure of what to do

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
yea goodluck, so many plastic panels have to be removed just to get to the 2 lil screws haha, good half day job if your unsure of what to do

with the how to on here, i did it first time in bout 20min or so not too long, after doing it a few times i can have my H/U out in bout 5min.