Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ speaker size the same as VT-VY?

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
Gday All,

Just wondering, Im goin to upgrade my system, BUT...id rather make sure ive got all the gear first. So just to make sure, are the speakers in the VZ SV6 sames size as the VTs-VYs? (which I believe they are ALL 6")

Will 6.5" fit straight in without any modifications?

Oh and how come in the brochure it states that it has a 6 speaker system? Where are the other 2 located? (stupid question i know!)

Thanks heaps

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
There are 6 speakers the two in the driver and front passenger doors, 2 in the rear passenger doors and there another 2 that are tweeters below the windscreen the two things that look like vents actually have the tweeters there. As for the speaker sizes I would have no idea as to whether they are the same as the VT-VY.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yes, they are exactly the same size as the VT Onwards. 6" allround. Splits up front of two ways in the rear.

as for 6.5"s...it depends purely on the speaker itself. Modifcation is required sometimes not much though. Generally just chopping into the plastic surround.

My advice? Stick with 6" Splits. Whats half an inch between friends?