Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back Seat Removal

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey i got all of the parcel shelf up on my vs... how do you remove the back seats to get to the rest of the parcel shelf. i cant see it bolted onto anything...

any help appreciated :)

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
Thats actually not easy to describe, without photos or diagrams etc, but basicly the front of the seat squab (thats the lower part) needs to be pushed down and back to release it from its retaining clip. For a first timer it can be very frustrating. However an easier way is to pull the back of the seat squab up, that means puting your fingers between the backrest and the lower part and pull the lower part up and forward till it comes out past the backrest, then if you grab the front of the seat and wriggle it it should come out. Do the same for the other side. Be carefull though cos the back of the lower part has some sharp bits of wire in it and you can damage the seat if your not carefull. The backrest is held in place by a 10mm bolt down near the seat belt bolts. It comes out in two pieces, just take out the bolt then slide the backrest up.

Gees I'm not sure if I've described that very well, if anyone else can make it clearer, feel free to jump in.

Anyway, good luck ducatis
Mike :)

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
the bottom half of the seat is just sitting on clips i think you have to push bak ant pull up if i recall correctly. just try wiggiling it around if u cant get it. the top half of the seat is polted down and the bolts are at the bottom undo these and then one again push back and up and the seat should come of its clips

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
i did it without removing the seats...its easy when you think about it and know where the clips are.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I typed it out three times and didn't understand it myself, MikeS said it best.

Beware when putting it back in, it can look like it's in but you will need to try lifting each end to make sure. I've had countless vehicle returns from where my trainees haven't locked it in properly....and a couple myself! lol