Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub in un-even floor in vs

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
will a sub in un-even floor in vs sound good

Hey,
u guys know how a vr/vs have the uneven floor in boot i was thinking of leveling it out and putting my amp under there. i would also like to mount 2 12" subs so they sit flush to the new fake floor. i have no problem making this floor but i just want to know if the bass will be good and if it is worth doing. i think it will look good but i want to know if it will sound good.
cheers michael

Last edited:

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
well you would have to make sure that you secure the floor really well, other wise it will rattle a sh!t load...as for the sound, if the subs are in their own box and you are simply attaching them to the new floor, there shouldn't be any change in the sound!

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i was thinking no box. have the subs facing up screwed and mounted in floor. i currently run a single 12" in box i could just screw that up if you recommend that but i like the look of my idea. heres a pic to explain it.

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
soz here it is hopefully

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    145.2 KB · Views: 226

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
do you recommend in small boxes or out under floor

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
I thought about doing the subs in the floor thing, but just didnt have the time to do all that fibreglass at the time, so we settled on a mirrored box instead, I reckon it looked heaps better anyway. If your interested I'll dig out some pics for ya.
Mike :)