Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

response amp problems

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
hi there, i just got a new response 4x50 amp.
i installed it according to all available info and recomendations but its not working. it is switching between the protection and power lights and wont power up..... any ideas would be greatfull. i can probably get it replaced under waranty but if its an easy fix i'd rather have it going sooner than later.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Can you take a photo of all the leads going into and out of the amp, and where they're connected on the other end?

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
check the earth and remote wire. i think the remote should have 12 volts. make sure you are getting metal to metal contact with the earth cable

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
hi again, ive got a good earth. its the child anchor bolt which is also the earth for the other amp which runs the sub (which is still working).
the power from battery is a 4g which goes to a distribution box then 2x 8g cables from there, 1 for each amp. the remote cable from the head deck is also conected to the other amp.
it keeps changing between protection and power mode and when it goes to power it clicks n dims the lights in the car... i rekon its f*#ked