Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

vibez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Ute S2
Hey this topic has been discussed a lot and I've read most of the threads. I've heard its possible to get the steering wheel controls working on those Chinese stereo's that do support it.

One guy who said to message him for assistance isn't active on these forums anymore has claimed to get this working by simply by wiring two cables with these units. Would anyone else have any experience getting the steering wheel controls active again in a VY with these made in china like dvd stereo's? I'm not sure what needs to be wired as the stereo only marks the 3.5mm jack it has for the stereo controls. But im guessing that solution is when you have an steering wheel interface like the CAT9/10. (Dont want to shell out if someone has managed to get it working with 2 wires in the right place)

Any help is appreciated. Cheers

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Hey thanks for the shout out nic :)

Inbox me the headunit your looking at vibez and ill see if I can help :)

I think I have figured a way around the problem of one of the buttons not working also :)

vibez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Ute S2
Yep that would be sweet if you could take a look and see what you think. I've inboxed the link to the unit i have.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if your never going back to factory stereo, you can always hack ur remote and hack your steering wheel controls and solder buttons to the remote board.

dodgy but it works

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Hey thanks for the shout out nic :)

Inbox me the headunit your looking at vibez and ill see if I can help :)

I think I have figured a way around the problem of one of the buttons not working also :)

yeah np mate :)

nice, mind telling? hehe if it all works then il hook mine up aswell but il do it so i am able to remove HU without having to un solder anything, il put terminals and a nut/bolt or something like that so it is easily removeable if the HU needs to come out :)

oh and how is that double din going?

vibez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Ute S2
Haha this post... I still haven't found a clear solution for these Chinese double din units steering wheel controls ay..... Anyone found how to actually get these working.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Haha this post... I still haven't found a clear solution for these Chinese double din units steering wheel controls ay..... Anyone found how to actually get these working.

When I got my sound system installed for my car I bought a little control box that converted the signals from steering wheel to the new head unit, they sell them at autobahn'z lol, mine was about $100 bucks and all controls work fine :thumbsup: not sure if this is the same issue as your "chinese" headunit?