Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installed Amp & Sub just installed and wont turn on

Z

ZaRnOw

Hello today I installed a Subwoofer and amplifier into my missus N15 puslar. For some reason the amplifier will not turn on. I am almost 100% a have done everthing correctly, I just need a fresh brain to give me ideas on what I might have done wrong.

Heres what I have done and checked.

-Run power cable from battery, into 50amp inline fuse through to the two channel amplifier (used test lamp on it and I am recieving power at the amplifier terminal)
-Connected 12v Accessories cable to the amplifier as the remote turn on (used test lamp on that and I do recieve power at the amplifier screw terminal)
-Earthed the RCA cables on both ends
-Connected RCA cables to the red and whites at the output on the headunit and the input of the amplifier
-Earthed the amplifier to the chassis in the boot
-Connected the subwoofer to the (+) Front Left speaker terminal and the (-)Front right speaker terminal. Those two say they are bridged on the amplifier.

I have discovered that there is no power getting through to the speakers terminals, the 25amp blade fuse doesnt appear to be broken, and the 50amp inline fuse at the front does not appear to be broken either

Z

ZaRnOw

We used the 2 channel SCA wiring kit
And are using a Fusion 350 watt amplifier
and a sony xplode 1000watt subwoofer
The headunit is a JVC single din, pre basic one

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thank you so much

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Where is the turn-on source coming from? Headunit or otherwise?

Z

ZaRnOw

The remote turn on is coming from the accessories cable that goes to the headunit

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
so you have accessory wire on the headunit going to remote wire on the amp? you need to have remote from the headunit going to remote on the amp so the amp knows when to turn on. The accessory wire on the headunit goes to the accessory wire of the ignition (so when you turn the ignition to accessory the stereo comes on with the amp). look up a stereo wiring guide for that car with all the right coloured wires always got me out of trouble hehe.

Z

ZaRnOw

Yep my accessory wire on the headunit is going to remote wire on the amp, but it still will not turn on, no led or anything. ANd i have used my test lamp on the remote turn on wire terminal at the amp and I am getting power to it

Yamaha Techy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
if all else fails take it 2 an expert mate. save ya a lot of time and mucking around

Z

ZaRnOw

Had a few people around today and they have no idea. thinking it could be a dud amp, so going to return it for a different one

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
is it earthed properly?

Z

ZaRnOw

Yeah shes earthed to the same earthing in the boot that the taillights are connected to, the lug is nice and tight. I scraped of some paint for a better contact. IT isnt shiny the metal there but it shouldnt make a difference.