Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT speaker size

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
6", but most 6 1/2" will fit with a little bit of filing/cutting of the plastic pod. Most of the problems are caused by deep mounting depths and interference with the window. Also very large diameter magnets may interfere with the door panel.

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Should be no problem at all with fit.

Off topic but:

Not sure about the sound quality of the kenwoods though, but thats just me.

If you have stock front splits i.e. with the separate tweeter under the vent looking things on top of the dash, then you should fit better splits in the stock locations. The factory splits may sound better than the kenwoods if they are not splits also. However if your VT only came with coaxs in the front doors (like mine), then almost anything is a worth while upgrade. A nice set of splits is the most important part of an audio upgrade IMHO. Closely followed by sound deadening/sealing of the doors.

Have fun.

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Certainly not chrome on mine. Mine just had shitty coaxs in the front doors, withno covers other than the door trims. Maybe someone has been in there already? Only way to tell for sure is to take off the trim and check it out. If there is already something decent in there you might be better adding an amp instead of another set of speakers.

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
phree said:
6", but most 6 1/2" will fit with a little bit of filing/cutting of the plastic pod. Most of the problems are caused by deep mounting depths and interference with the window. Also very large diameter magnets may interfere with the door panel.

my 6.5" splits fitted fine without cutting the plastic pod. you could probably go up to 6.75" (if they made them) without cutting the plastic

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Had to cut mine back about 5mm around the hole. Also had to remove the "hood" at the back. Made a new rain shield out of sound deadener. Not a big deal though only took a couple of minutes with the jigsaw.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Chrome? Sounds like somone has replaced them already! I would whip on out and have a look!

R

robbie77

12v is right they have already been replaced. The stock ones are the old paper cone in the middle type. I put a 6 1/2 in mine with no mods and a friend put a pair of 6 inch straight in his also with no mods so should be all good.