Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheal radio controls help !!!

GraceSpaceAndPace

Stop Stairing
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
I am having a problem with my audio controls on the steering wheal sometimes there working properly and then other times i press the mute button it changes the mode on the stereo and the same with the volume buttons some times they change the station and some times the volume up and down I don't know what the hell is going on . can any tell me or help me out with the wiring for the stereo control buttons . and the colour wires that there connected to that go into the back of the head unit .:idea3: ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED :banstick:

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Mine does this every now and again, but works properly the majority of the time. As far as I know, a new set of buttons will fix it.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I get this too, i have a Sony MEXBT390U head unit with Aepro VY/VZ Steering wheel controls controller.

Depending on my frequency of use per drive, when trying to turn the volume down, it instead goes right up to 100% and i have to resort to turning the head unit off to get it to stop, this never occurs when disconnecting the steering wheel controls harness from the Aerpro controller (as a test).

I also have it where my head unit, everytime you switch the car off and back on, it swaps through inputs, eg. was USB then car on goes to AUX, etc. this is related to the steering wheel controls i believe.

GraceSpaceAndPace

Stop Stairing
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Anyone ???

So dose anyone know how we can fix this problem ???? Doesn't really mater what head unit you have obliviously it dose it on a range of different units ????

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
So dose anyone know how we can fix this problem ???? Doesn't really mater what head unit you have obliviously it dose it on a range of different units ????

As other posters advised, new buttons seems to fix it.

puopoa

Antz
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK 05 VZ SV6 6SP Manual
has anyone actually fixed this issue. i have the same issue and have been back and fourth with technicians saying maybe a ground issue. or this and that. new control i dont think will fix the issue as if there was a control issue with the buttons it would have done it on the standard holden unit. which on that unit i had no issue.

any ideas??

GTJevon

Green Bandit
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual S Pack
New set of buttons puopoa, it has been solved a few posts ago.

L31GH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS - S1
Can someone explain how a new set of buttons will fix this issue?

I've had a pioneer double din in my car with the Aerpro control loom causing the issues mentioned above.

Since then I've put the original unit back in and the steering wheel buttons magically work properly again.