Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Head Unit Wiring And Eurovox

G

gazza777

Hey
Im a bit of a newbie to car audio but im trying to install a new JVC head unit in my VS. Anyway im after a wiring guide for the Eurovox radio that was installed ( Eurovox 6430V ). Also wandering, there was a grey sheilded cable running into the back of the Eurovox with about 13 wires inside, as well as a wiring harness which I assume has the speaker outputs and voltage lines. Anyone know what this grey cable is for?

It seems the link to the wiring guide in the downloads section doesnt work and I dont have access to any Hayes repir manuals that might have the info I need

Thanks if anyone can help

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
You will be looking for the EuroVox Wiring Diagram which you can find on the main webpage....
LINK -
Just print that out and make sure you know how to remove the dash and it shouldnt take you very long.....the wiring diagram makes it very simple......
eh just a tick darren hasnt got that module active ill find the diagram and get back to ya

G

gazza777

Hey
Now worries Ive worked it out anyway, just used a multimeter to find the voltage lines and finding the speakers was no problem after that.

Only problem now is trying to get the power antenna working again.

S

someone

my friend and I are doing a stereo install into a VS now and we're going crazy trying to get a hold of this wiring diagram! Everywhere we look links back to this download module which has been disabled. Can someone, ANYONE, help!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The grey shielded cable is for the cd stacker found in statesmans that is located in the boot.On cars without the stacker nothing in this cable is used .......all the speaker /power/aerial and earth wires are in the multi pin plug that plugs into the back of the radio
The colours of the wires in that connector that plugs in are as follows;
LHF speaker+ tan
LHF speaker - grey
RHF speaker + Lt green
RHF speaker- Green
LHR speaker+ Brown/black
LHR speaker- Yellow/blue
RHR speaker+ Blue/orange
RHR speaker- Blue/Black
12V constant Orange/violet
12V switched Yellow
Illumination Brown/white
Power ant Yellow/red
12- or frame Black/white

K

kurtkel

Can anyone give me a hand. I have two questions:
1)Is the jpg image of the VR radio connector a view looking at the plug that connects to the stero head unit or the plug in the unit itself?
2)Is it the same wiring for the Eurovox MCC-315V?

Cheers

Ogrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series II
Eurovox Wiring huh ...just click the link below to see :p

(I hope this will work) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Wiring_Loom-VK-VL_VN-VT.gif
    Wiring_Loom-VK-VL_VN-VT.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 187,662

NZRabbitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
FORD Telestar 1984
My son bought from a friend a
EUROVOX 6430v car radio :unsure:
have got the colour code from above
but haven't the connector fromm the car wiring :unsure:
the radio has a 6 (2lines 0f 3) conectors, 2 connectors( guess power and earth) and another 6 (2lines 0f 3) conectors. :bop:
any help diagram of socket with pin names. or a description as looking at socket from back of radio. :whistling

Many thanks and TIA :wave:

Chris and Richard :hit: