Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Through the firewall, but how do you remove sill panels?

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Me and my dad are running the power cable from the battery, through the firewall (done), then to the back seat via under the bottom panels which go the whole distance from the front to back of the car, the ones where the door closes onto. Trouble is we cant remove the panels, I can bend them to see existing wiring there, but thats not enough, how exactly do we take them off? Feels like Im going to break it if I pull any harder!

Also how do we remove the kick panel on the right hand side of the accelerator? We need to get under that too to thread the cable through there.

thanks

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I just installed mine two days ago and fed the power cable through the firewall then accross the front of the fuses. this was after I pulled the caseing off the floor(it's stuck down with clips and I used my hands for most of it but some I used a screw driver wedged it in where the clips where and knocked them out). then when I got to back seat I put along the seat, behind the seat belts and tucked the wire into the seat so it couldn't be seen then threaded them through the bottom of the middle seat because my amp is sitting on the back of it.

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Just finished the wiring about 2 hours ago.

All I ended up doing was wedging the side panel up with a screw driver then shoving the cable in all the way along with my hand. Turned out great. We took all the rear seats out and threaded the wire through the existing wiring's zip ties, just enough free space for the new speaker cable to fit :D

Also ran the RCAs up the other side of the car, behind the glovebox and to the back of the HU.

I ended up threading the wire behind all the fuses when it came through the firewall, was hard to do, but used a coathanger to first find a path, then pulled the wire through.

So after all that it turned out well, and saved a crapload of cash from getting it done professionally!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
are you talking about the panels that run along the car on the floor, at the doors? to remove them, you have to pull the rubber strip out and kinda squeeze them together and it should pull out