Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with steering wheel controls vz

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Hey guys have been searching non stop couldnt find much. Got the adapter iso and all the parts to put my new headunit in, plugged everything in and all worked but the steering wheel controls. Am I missing somthing? Cant figure out whats wrong everything looks to be right. Anyone have some suggestions?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
more detail would help, part numbers of the harnesses and bits you got, what model headunit you're using

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Pioneer avh x5650bt headunit using CHVYVZA control harness with APP8PI04 iso and pioneer adapter cable to suit control harness a.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
you might need to swap out the APPIOA pioneer adapter for an APPISOA, some of the pioneer units dont like the IOA adapter.

its plugged into the right socket yes?

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Ok I might grab one tomorrow and try that. Plugged into the hard wire remote plug. The control harness and adaptee I bought together from ebay and I gave them the headunit model.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Well I baught the other patch lead and still no go. Really frustrating. Maybe faulty control harness?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Several things come into play here...

1, Pioneer and Holden... with steering wheel controls is like beer before liquor. Its going to duck you over more often than not.

2, I usually ground the purple wire in the interface as Holden steering wheels have poor ground circuits.

3, Never plug the interface into the cars power before plugging it into the headunit. If you have done so, disconnect the lot, walk away, have a smoke and hopefully within those few minutes the interface has dropped it's memory and you can try again.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Thanks for the suggestions mate, I added another earth off the purple wire and unplugged everything for halfa. Just tryed again and still no luck.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the steering wheel controls worked on original headunit yeh?