Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp and sub wiring question

Tkon01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Hey Guys, I've just begun to replace the stock sound system in my 2005 VZ SV6 and had a few questions regarding wiring to the amps.
I'm completely inexperienced in these things so basic language would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at getting a pair of JBL GTO938's (100W RMS each) to go in the rear shelf with an amp to power them and the Cadence X1 sub and amp combo(300W RMS), given I listen primarily to metal so I don't need a high level sub but still want something there to give the bass some kick, and the combo ends up being quite a bit cheaper than buying the sub and amp separately.
I haven't yet decided which amp to get for the 6X9s so any suggestions are welcome.

I'm currently using a Pioneer AVHX3500DAB so I have enough RCA pre-outs for both amps, however I have no idea what wiring to use to power them.
Given that I need to power both amps, would I have to run a single wire to a distribution block then to the amps?
Also, what gauge wire would be best to use to power them?

I am still pretty undecided on the GTO938's and the Cadence combo so suggestions would be great.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
ok mate I rely hope you not putting any 6x9 with a sub no point, get a good pair of 6.5" high end component speaker for the front and if you want do the same to the back , and sub , go and have a look at some set ups and talk to tech at the store. the outfit you wont is crape

Tkon01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I have a set of component speakers ready to go in the front already, installing them next weekend.
My plan was to have the 6x9s handling the mid-bass and mid-highs, with the sub handling all the lower stuff, which evidently won't work.
Thanks for the response, looks like I'll keep searching for a bit.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
sounds good , I be putting some mid range ones at the back for a filler . at less you getting the idea.