Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs statesman steering wheel controls

sheeks84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Statesman
Hi All,

Ive done a few searches but didn't have much joy. I'm looking at upgrading the head unit in my vs statesman but want to retain the factory steering wheel controls.

Are there any off the shelf options available, I had heard stinger and aerpro used to but are no longer available. Also is one brand of head unit easier to interface compared to another?

And on the subject of head units any recommendations? Its a reasonable system, already have Morel Maximo splits, kicker 12' and kicker 5channel. After a single din don't need a dvd player just something that's reasonably priced with decent features.

Thanks in advance.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Brother has an Aerpro one in his VX with an Alpine head unit, it was a very simple plug and play setup. Works fine so maybe Ebay or a try some smaller shops that would have stocked them in the past for new old stock.

sheeks84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Statesman
VS and VX use a completely different setup for the signal. Searched a heap of threads but do definitive answers as yet.