Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice / Suggestions

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
My usual go-to website for car audio has been down for quite some time now and I've had a search through here but I still have a couple of questions.

Car: VE S2 SS Thunder Ute (2011).

1. What gear / brands are the kids using now days to get the loud & clear sound?

2. Recommendations for a device to get the best sound from the stock HU without upgrading to a new HU (I don't like any of the aftermarket options that have climate controls built in)

I have about a $2000 budget to do some upgrades to get loud sound. I'd also like to keep the interior looking stock (ie. no holes drilled in door cards etc).

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
1) Brands are subjective. I have Alpine and love the gear. Some dislike it. Go to JB Hifi and try a few different speakers.

2) A line out converter will convert the line out (obviously!) to RCA plugs, which go straight into your amplifier.

As for the stock look, MOST 6.5" speakers will fit behind the door cards, you'll just need an MDF speaker mount.

For $2k, you could get a great subwoofer/amp/speaker set up.

Good luck!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I think if you get creative with the factory mounts the 6.5's will fit without the mdf mount, but it may be the different makes some fit better than others

skerik

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series 2 SS Thunder Ute
I ended up buying some Focal splits and an Alpine PDX-F6.

Anyone have advice on subs for a ute? I'm a bit sceptical about slimline subs being able to push out lots of bass. The bloke at the store I went to purchase the amp & speakers told me there is good ones and bad ones.