Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Code For VR Commodore

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Hi Guys I got my car back from the mechanics yesterday after getting a reco engine installed WOW goes like a fire cracker now ;)

Well anyway found the radio won't work cuase it needs a code well I don't have the code it was never written down anywhere I went to Smith Holden and was told it would cost me $50 to get it :eek: I really told them to get stuffed & that Ford charges $0 to give you your code as my old man drives a Ford :b: .

Well can anyone give me codes that I can try. ? :confused:

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
I got a coded Eurovox radio for my VL, but the code wasnt supplied with it. :mad: So what I did was go make up the 4 digit codes using the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6, on the radio. all combinations between 1111 - 6666, However it took me about a month to crack to code. :b: (which in the end was 5124 :)) How's that for determination. ;) But if you try this method, dont plan on getting your radio working in a hurry. as it could take weeks to crack the code.

So yeah, it is easier to get the code from Holden, Ring around the dealer's some may offer it for free,

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Unfortuanately l think its randomly generated at the time of build, so that could mean its in the range of 1111 and 6666.
$50 is a bit steep to get your code, l suggest just ringing round, and if u have a service due they might do it for free while ur getting ur service.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
A Service at Holden No Thanks and who do you suggest that I ring around to you mean other dealerships as we only have 2 in geelong and there the same. :confused:

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
or even ring holden themselves they might just tell you over the phone, they should have a database full of em.

J

jrennie21

got my code for $10 from holden... rip off if you ask me. how many 2nd hand cars these days come with all the original books, receipts, codes etc..
codes are good for security, but bad if you werent the first owner of the car!

marnold72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi All,

Just my 2 cents worth, in case there are people searching on info for this.....

I have a 98VT Acclaim which I bought when I traded in my last car about 2 or 3 years ago now, and on the weekend I neede to replace the battery. As the battery in the car was as dead as a door-nail the radio is now pretty useless as I don't have the security code.

I thought I would fix this yesterday and went down to a nearby holden dealership where they tried to charge me $25 for the code. I asked the service guy if he was joking and told him that it was a "rort" that they charged $25 before promptly leaving. One of my first cars was a laser which I had the same problem with and Ford dont charge at all for the code.

Today I rang a different dealer (the one I bought the car from) and the guy over the phone told me that they have the code on there database and that all I have to do was come in and get it (at no charge).
So it pays to ring around :)

Cheers, Mark
PS. All this however has now got me looking at changing the radio/tape deck anyway as the unit currently installed doesn't have a CD player