Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4CH Amp Replacement

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hey there Guys,
After driving around for god knows how long I realised one of my speakers wasn't working, after playing around last week I managed to establish one of the channels I suppose you would call them is buggered on my Alpine MRV-F345 which is there to simply drive the speakers.

So now it leaves me with the task of finding a replacement, all the cabling is there so one would imagine a straight swap won't be too much of a problem.

Having had a read through other threads and of course Google, Fusion seems to be fairly popular at an entry level (lets face it I'm not out to win sound comps or anything!) so I'm looking at the Fusion PP-AM8004 for it's replacement.

Price range is open although I at this present stage $500 would be tops considering what it's replacing was / is worth around that brand new RRP.

Thanks

Cheers
Darren

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
first of all hey darren make sure its ya amp 100% and not a bad rca or spkr wire or spkr itself
most amps wire up the same
you can get alpine kenwood sony fusion and few others for under 500 bux easy
shop around or call me

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
really i would be far more inclined to look at the jaycar range. jaycar will easily match a fusion at that range. plus you will alos be able to buy a few bottles of dimple as well as a jaycar amp! ;P

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I am fairly confident it's the output, I basically took out the wires and plugged it into the next one over which worked, I then grabbed the other speaker wires and plugged it in to not even get a whisper.

Slightly annoyed but hey what can you do.

Actually I didn't even think of Jaycar, I'm getting too old for the whole name brand thing.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
have a look at the digital designs c4a, 4x100w, one of the best value amps out there. Can be had for around $500

Spitfire

Reaction score
Members Ride
Prius
I have the Jaycar 780WRMS (so it says on the box) 4ch amp bridged to 380WRMS x2 Running My pionner Subs. No Complaints as of yet. RRP: $299. Can often pick them up on sale for $279
Response Car Amp 4x100WRMS

If you are looking for an ultra-powerful 4-channel amplifier then the AA-0426 is an excellent choice. Power output exceeds 100WRMS power channel or 300WRMS in bridged mode at 4ohms, making it ideal for a one amplifier system powering both full range speakers and a subwoofer. There’s also fully variable high and low pass filters between 50Hz and 500Hz, with pass thru RCA outputs to link this amp to an additional AA-0424 2 x 150WRMS amp to drive your subwoofers, or better still the amazing new AA-0428 Class-D subwoofer amplifier.

Specifications:
Power / channel @ 4ohm 14.4V: 130WRMS x 4
Power / channel @ 2ohm 14.4V: 190WRMS x 4
Power / bridged @ 4ohm 14.4V: 380WRMS x 2
Signal/Noise ratio: >90dB
Input sensitivity: 200mV to 5V
Low pass filter: 50 - 500Hz @ 12dB/octave
High pass filter: 50 - 500Hz @ 12dB/octave
Pass thru RCA: Yes
Dimensions: 400(L) x 258(W) x 50mm(D)

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
darren remember too match up your amp too your speaker specs, they jaycar range is great for bang for buck if you want high powered equip i dont think darren needs 130wrms running his speakers, just get something around 50-60wrms per channel, or you could get something a little higher and nget new speakers from jaycar aswell, 300 for an amp and 200 for 2 sets of speakers.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i was more refering to the 4x50 jaycar.

VS Black Beast 9C1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive 9C1
Hey everyone, since I'm here I might aswell tell u my problem and see wat u all think.
I have a Cadence FX500 1200watt 5ch Amp, so its pretty much like a 4 channel with an extra mono block channel for a sub but the only thing is I DONT have a sub. I am running Pioneer 160watt for the front and Pioneer 460watt in the rear.
My problem is that in the front speakers (Ch1 & Ch2) I am getting the full frequency range, btw it is set to High Pass and that part is running all fine...
BUT the rear speakers which are also set to High Pass are only reproducing Lower Frequencies which is all the bass of the music. So in short the front speakers (Ch1 & Ch2) reproduce all the mid-range and treble, while the rear speakers (Ch3 & Ch4) are only reproducing the bass. So its as if my rear speakers are both working like subwoofers.
Is this normal coz I certainly dont think so and I definately wana get the full frequency range that those speakers can produce otherwise they are a waste. Ive tried swapping the RCAs around but the same problem occurs (only 2 speakers operate with full range frequencies and the other 2 operate with just the bass no matter which way u plug the RCAs), Ive also tried adjusting the amp but that dont help either.

So any further insite and help with be great. Thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hey everyone, since I'm here I might aswell tell u my problem and see wat u all think.
I have a Cadence FX500 1200watt 5ch Amp, so its pretty much like a 4 channel with an extra mono block channel for a sub but the only thing is I DONT have a sub. I am running Pioneer 160watt for the front and Pioneer 460watt in the rear.
My problem is that in the front speakers (Ch1 & Ch2) I am getting the full frequency range, btw it is set to High Pass and that part is running all fine...
BUT the rear speakers which are also set to High Pass are only reproducing Lower Frequencies which is all the bass of the music. So in short the front speakers (Ch1 & Ch2) reproduce all the mid-range and treble, while the rear speakers (Ch3 & Ch4) are only reproducing the bass. So its as if my rear speakers are both working like subwoofers.
Is this normal coz I certainly dont think so and I definately wana get the full frequency range that those speakers can produce otherwise they are a waste. Ive tried swapping the RCAs around but the same problem occurs (only 2 speakers operate with full range frequencies and the other 2 operate with just the bass no matter which way u plug the RCAs), Ive also tried adjusting the amp but that dont help either.

So any further insite and help with be great. Thanks

First put all channels to full range. IF they still dont respond to the crossover settings on the amp then consult the headunit. It may have high/low pass filters in the settings (depending what headunit it is), which would cut the frequencies before they even got to the amp.