Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6.5 inch in VX front doors

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Ok guys, don't blast me for asking this, but I want to know for sure, is it possible to fit 6.5's into the front doors of a VX? I have read that they are 6" holes in there stock, and I have had a mate tell me they're 5.25" holes, with 6" speakers in them...I am really bloody confused lol.

I need to know once and for all, can I fit my 6.5" into the front door of my VX? If they aren't going to fit flush, what mods to I need to do to the door to make them fit?

I have Polk MOMO's, and they are 7.14cm deep, so that will need to be taken into consideration too. I have just found in the box that I get 2cm spacers too, NICE haha. So yeah I already have them to use...

The grille won't be going on as i doubt it will be able to fit aswell..

All help greatly appreciated :)

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
yea you should be able to fit them, if its too tight just trim away some of the pod to make them fit.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
cheers bezz.
Anyone that has put 6.5 splits in their doors, any chance you could post some photo's of how you did it, or of the finished product.

Thanks

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
i've got 6.5 inch splits in the front , didn't install them though, 6inch fits all four pods on all doors, i am guesing the 6.5inches have the screws closer to the cone meaning u might not have cut up the plastic seating for the speaker. Good luck.

DarkCrystal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
Iv'e got 6 1/2 inch in my VT which have the same doors... i had to cut a little of the plastic surround to fit them, but they fit perfectly now... pretty easy job mate.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Cheers Hot Rod, finally someone gives me a definite answer! lol.

I as only asking because looking at the grille on my door, it doesn't look like 6" could fit behind there yet alone a 6.5". I plan to be having a crack at putting them in if I get time on the weekend. I will let ya'll know how it goes

Thanks to all.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yep 6.5 inch will definitiely fit. I've done it in mine.

You just have to cut or file the white plastic plinth, which the speakers are mounted to, by about 3mm all round. :thumbsup:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just thought I would let everyone know that I put my 6.5" woofers in today, and they did fit perfect, with some modification to the stok spacer that was already in there :p. I have taken some photo's of what I did along the way so I'll put together a how-to so that it's clear for people in the future :). I did run ino a problem though, but I have posted that in the VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002) sub-forum, so I won't double up and ask here.
Here's the link to the question though if you reckon you could help :D:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/73764-do-i-have-crossovers.html#post780229

Thanks to all that helped :).