Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox Radio - Reset PIN

T

Tekit

Eurovox 6616 Am/Fm cassette radio with security

I picked up a cheap Radio at the wreckers for $10, and last time I just went to Holden and they gave me a code that was for my VIN and it worked for a radio that wasn't mine ?
This time they wanted $50 also they wanted the VIN it came out of as it was on the seat of the car not in the dash I don't have it. The wrecker said I could bring it back but then I would have to pull it out of the dash again.

The point that comes to mind is if one code worked in 2 radios then more than likely there are not many codes per radio type used by Holden so if we get a list of codes that do work against a model type, this would limit the attempts it would take to get a radio working.

Come Holden and Eurovox these are 10 year old cassette radios.
I contacted Eurovox and they will give the code based on the serial number for $22.

As a note :

If Holden are putting hundreds of radios (with pins in them) into cars per day and are also recording the individual pins in the car computers and in a database. don't you think this would be problematic? since it would have to be recored against the radio serial number and VIN for both Eurovox and Holden.
If they programmed the radios after the install with the code then they must be an override code and/or key squence. (other car manuf. do this).
If a batch of radios have the same pin then it would be easy to record the pin against the VIN and Eurovox already have it recoreded against the serial number. We just need the list of pins to batches, model.
Code generators are easy to find for BMW , merc and all other euro cars but not Holden , why ?, probably the same reason you can get acircuit diagram for them.

Ok I've had my whine :b:

T

Tekit

But can a Holden dealer do it via the Serial number of the unit instead of the VIN number.

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
I noted that the code for my old VR radio was the same as someone else that posted their PIN on this forum. From memory it was 5214. So maybe there are indeed only a few pins issued for each model of radio, as Tekit suggests. Thoughts anyone?

T

Tekit

$5 for the Pin

I finally had some success (partly) I found a Holden dealer that will get the pin for $5 but the need the VIN from the original car as well as the Serial as there search is on VIN ? Is there someone out there that can confirm this ?

I've got the PDf for Eurovox but its $22 and I have to get proof of ownership and an Fpos receipt won't do.

Crap :cry:

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
As far as Holden is concerned I think they link radio PINs to the VIN of the vehicle it is being installed into on the production line, so maybe they dont include the radio serial number in their database.

Eurovox has verbally told me that if I buy a radio from somewhere that doesn't provide a receipt (ie eBay), I can sign a stat dec saying that I am the owner. I checked this once when I was bidding on a VT CD/tape/radio which didn't have the PIN and the seller didn't know the VIN of the vehicle it was out of. So if Holden can't help you and $22 is the cheapest option then ring Eurovox and tell them you bought it off eBay!

Out of interest, which Holden delaer was it - do they give PINs for $5 to anyone or do you have to "know" someone there?

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
the manufacturer should be able to give you the pin also depending on how legit they think you are. Holden dealers are scum, one dealer wanted 30 bucks off me, i went to another and he gave it to me for free

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
You have to realise they charge for this as it takes up so much time, if a few people walk in every day wanting a security code and the dealer has to spend 10 minutes (or more because the person wants to tell them their life story) each time then they are using up time not doing the rest of their job (which they are getting paid for).
No I don't work for a Holden dealer!....