Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ speaker sizes?

Flayha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
sorry if this has already been asked. But, Im looking at getting new speakers for the doors, factory is 6", but will 6.5" fit aswell? looking at pioneer 6.5" splits, or infinity. Was thinking of putting 6x9's in parcel but came to the conclusion that the excursion from a 450rms sub would force drive the cones in the 6x9's and do bad things to them. Thus, wanting to replace all 4 speakers in doors with new ones (pref. 6.5"...if they fit). if anyone can help me out here thatd be awesome!.

Cheers,
Geoff

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
I have fitted plenty of 6x9's and subs in a vz with no adverse effects. I dont like speakers in the rear doors of a vz as they are too close the the fronts. And yes you can fit 6 and a half speakers in the doors by cutting a bigger hole in the plastic pod mounts with a jigsaw.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I have fitted plenty of 6x9's and subs in a vz with no adverse effects. I dont like speakers in the rear doors of a vz as they are too close the the fronts. And yes you can fit 6 and a half speakers in the doors by cutting a bigger hole in the plastic pod mounts with a jigsaw.

Heheh, you are my car audio nemesis! I prefer rear doors vs 6x9s in Commies, you like caps, I reckon their a waste.

If you go crimps over solder I think we've closed the deal :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I prefer 6's in the rear shelf. With a piece of dynamat under them to stop the subs from moving them so much.

Most 6.5s will fit in there and if they don't then it's some simple modification to get them in. Nothing you can handle.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
I have a bit of both :)

6" splits in the front doors
6.5" coax in the rear doors (to answer the question above, they fit perfectly in the plastic bracket just needed to screw new holes for them)
6,9" 3 ways in the parcel shelf
2 12" subs

Couldn't be happier with the sound

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
or forget speakers in the rear all together and just invest all your money in your fronts.
and yes 6.5" will fit in the front, however for mine I had to build some fibreglass pods to fit as they wouldnt fit in the stock spacers no matter what modifications were done

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
I forget the name but soundstream make a huge 200wrms 6.5 inch split with a huge magnet that is bigger than some 12 inch subs, and they still fit by spacing out with mdf panels. And 2loud2old i agree with you to forget the rears altogether, but a lot of people like sound in the back as well.

eidwog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
stock size?

im about to replace the speakers in my VZ SV6. Before i tear all the doors and parcel shelf apart i was wondering what sizes the stock speakers are to start with?

cheers

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
read the top of the thread... 6 inch

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
forget the rears altogether? Nah mate. keep them. I definetly prefer something being produced in the rear. Helps to get rid of the sound stage that everyone talks up so much.

Put on a pair of headphones......where does it sound like the music is coming from? Not from the left or the right but right in the middle of you head. Thats your aim everytime when building a system.