Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Speakers

G

Goats78

Does anyone know what brand the speaker are in the VX S? Also the spec's, the wattage? :bang:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Goats.

Not sure about the VX, but I had a VT-II S. I never bothered too much finding out about the stock speakers - quite frankly, they're rubbish! ;)

When I pulled mine out to replace them with something half decent, all I could see was "Made In China" stamped on the back of the magnet. (Oh, I think there was something about them being 4 ohm impedance)

Purely an estimate, I'd think they could handle a maximum of about 10-15 watts (RMS, that is) - as long as you don't mind listening to cone break-up and almost non-existent response above about 10kHz. (the VT didn't have tweeters mounted in the dash corners - VX may be different)

Do yourself a favour - if you have the door trims off at any stage, spend about $50 a pair and get some reasonable 2 way coax units. You'll thank yourself, believe me.

I managed to fit 6.5" speakers in the front doors, but had to do a bit of modification to the mounts (plastic spacers which can be removed from the doors, so not too much of a hassle) but 6" units drop straight in.

For what it's worth anyhow. :D

Cheerz!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
There a Chinese Eurovox
6" is rate at 17Wrms
6x9's at 25Wrms.