Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door lock actuator issues

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have been having some issues with the door lock actuators. The old actuators packed it in so I got some new ones (black widow). Now they work ok but were machine gunning. checked clearance and all was good.

The issue was when I arm the alarm, the locks opened. When I disarm the alarm, the locks close The opposite of what should be happening

So I swapped the two wires that open it so I reverse the current for the motor. I stopped the machine gunning but the same thing still happens It is the opposite of what it should be.

The wire colours are identical on the old solenoid and new. There is blue and green then on the drivers door there is the additional three wires. They are white, black and brown. I swapped the brown and white but just got a funny noise from the lock actuators and then just got machine gunning

So I have ripped open the old actuator to see how it works. As I thought, there's the two wires going to the motor and then there is a switch that the other three wires go to. It looks much like this one in the diagram
100px-SPDT-Switch.svg.png

So can I change the way the wires go in to get the locks to open and close as they should?

The old switch from inside the actuator.
IMG_0238-1.jpg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride