Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water temp/oil psi signal wire

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
hi guys got some gauges today and want to put them in i got the power but need to know where to connect the oil psi signal wire and the water temp signal wire
its on a vs ecotec v6 cheers guys asap i have it in and just need them two done :)

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
hi guys got some gauges today and want to put them in i got the power but need to know where to connect the oil psi signal wire and the water temp signal wire
its on a vs ecotec v6 cheers guys asap i have it in and just need them two done :)

water temp - its a thin green wire (there could be a few) that runs on the right hand side under the steering wheel fuse box cover. or if you can't find it there, look underneath where the top radiator hose goes, temp sender is under there, the one with the single green wire.

as for the oil pressure, you'll need to get a oil pressure sender, because its only a switch atm. you'll have to get a tee piece also, so you still get pressure warning light on dash.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
both guages should have there own sender and will require additional wiring unless you disable the factory guage and oil light never a good idea :p

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
all ive got is two signal wires 1 for water temp other for oil psi but want to keep factory set up to so was hoping to be able to just wire and go

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
need both senders to suit the guage teeing into the factory ones wont work oil pressure is just a switch for the light so it wont show pressure and the temp one with 2 guages onm one wire will read wrong im sure

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
ok cheers will get senders then sounds like thats the only choice i have