Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT seat wiring

FEARnLOATHING

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1 5ltr
I had my seats stolen and since recovered. The wires for the airbag sensors were pulled from the plugs. Can anybody tell me if it matters which side the wires fit back into the their socket, (Colour coding ? not here!)

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
If there are only 2 wires, it won't matter. However, before you start working on these wires, earth your body to the car with an anti-static strap or similar metal based cable. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and the bag, and be very, very careful when playing with airbags. Static electricity is all it takes to deploy these.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
If there are only 2 wires, it won't matter. However, before you start working on these wires, earth your body to the car with an anti-static strap or similar metal based cable. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and the bag, and be very, very careful when playing with airbags. Static electricity is all it takes to deploy these.

DO NOT try and repair the wiring. The system runs on resistance values, and if the repair is even slightly wrong, the resistance value will change. I strongly recommend that you replace the harness and do the job properly. You don't want this to happen-->:bomb:

When you do replace the harness, disconnect the battery and let it sit for a minute before you do any thing to let the capacitors discharge.

Hope that helps.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
DO NOT try and repair the wiring. The system runs on resistance values, and if the repair is even slightly wrong, the resistance value will change. I strongly recommend that you replace the harness and do the job properly.

Hope that helps.

Rubbish. Even poor repairs rarely alter circuit resistance enough to change a low amp self-test signal.
Seriously, what's the worst that could happen after you repower the SRS system? The system fault light will turn on and the system is temporarily disabled. The airbag is safe either way.
People are too fearful of the 'unknown'. Airbags are safe if treated the right way. Airbags are protected from false deployment on many levels.

Solder the wiring joints, but do not test them for resistance with any electrical equipment. If the repair fails and the DTC light turs on, re-solder. You shouldn't have any problems.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
Rubbish. Even poor repairs rarely alter circuit resistance enough to change a low amp self-test signal.
Seriously, what's the worst that could happen after you repower the SRS system? The system fault light will turn on and the system is temporarily disabled. The airbag is safe either way.
People are too fearful of the 'unknown'. Airbags are safe if treated the right way. Airbags are protected from false deployment on many levels.

Solder the wiring joints, but do not test them for resistance with any electrical equipment. If the repair fails and the DTC light turs on, re-solder. You shouldn't have any problems.

I worked on these systems for 8 years at Holden. It is in the manuals that the wiring not be repaired. The system only works on 6 ohm resistance, so yes a bad solder join will affect the system and could cause further problems.

Like I said previously, DO NOT REPAIR just replace it.