Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy calais hoodlining in vt(loom problem)

qik42c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss series 1
Ok guys and girls,im in desprite help of finding out how to connect wires in to me putting in a vy/z calais roof lining and light set up,the roof lining consists of having the lights in the back plus the sunglasses holder in the front and i want them to work like the normal light set up i had in the middle originally,the wire on the vt loom consist of the following
vt loom for harness
orange/black
yellow/green-blue
purple = 5 wires
black/blue
white green

vy/z loom to roof harness
orange/black
yellow /green
purple = 6 wires
white/green
black/green
white

has any 1 done this conversion and know how to connect these up so my roof lights work when the doors open and when i push the button on the centre sunglasses holder to full on postion that it will work,i have seen a thred on how to install a sunglasses holder in to a vt but only describes on how he made his own harness from the centre original light...need help as im sick of driving around with no lights
PLZHELP...CHEERS

qik42c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtss series 1
bump,anyone.....

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
You will need the Wiring Diagrams out of the VT, and VY models, then compare/crossmatch each of them off to each other...

Otherwise you would just be 'guessing' hooking one wire up to another...

I could probly get my hands on a VT wiring diagram for you, if it helps any? Let me know... :beer chug:

I've put a VZ harness, lining, and light setup in my VY, but it plugged straight in, so im unsure as to 'what goes where' :hmmm:

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Hope this helps ;)

Just remember that things are negatively switched. I'm sure once you start putting a test lamp on things you'll see the light (pardon the pun) ;)

Attachments

• interior illumination.pdf
    190.7 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

Thomo92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series2 Acclaim
Same problem

Ok guys and girls,im in desprite help of finding out how to connect wires in to me putting in a vy/z calais roof lining and light set up,the roof lining consists of having the lights in the back plus the sunglasses holder in the front and i want them to work like the normal light set up i had in the middle originally,the wire on the vt loom consist of the following
vt loom for harness
orange/black
yellow/green-blue
purple = 5 wires
black/blue
white green

vy/z loom to roof harness
orange/black
yellow /green
purple = 6 wires
white/green
black/green
white

has any 1 done this conversion and know how to connect these up so my roof lights work when the doors open and when i push the button on the centre sunglasses holder to full on postion that it will work,i have seen a thred on how to install a sunglasses holder in to a vt but only describes on how he made his own harness from the centre original light...need help as im sick of driving around with no lights
PLZHELP...CHEERS

Did you by anychance have any luck with figuring this problem out? I have same drama and can't stand not having it all finished off immediately
Please help somebody, desperate!!!!