Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no wiring!!

butch123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu/vy maloo
hi guys
ive got a vu ute that was stock as rock but i have since given some pretty major mods. one thing i havent done yet is install power windows. i have gone through many threads about how to install PW but all of them require the car to already have the wiring for the switches inside the centre console. when installing my sound system i couldnt find that wiring anywhere!! im worried that either it cant be done or it will be a big and expensive job to do. is there anyone that has also had this problem? i really do want PW!!!

does anyone know of a thread where some explains what to in this situation and what else will i most like be missing? i have the regulators, door wiring loom, switches, and relay. what else will i need??

any help would be much appreciated.....thank u

DRKWGN

I Dig Hole's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS Wagon
you should be able to do all the wiring yourself mate, just running the loom's that you could pick up at any wrecker's. as for the switch's you could just pick up a console with them in there so you dont have to cut or anything lijke that. ive dont it to my VS exec but i had all my wiring already there i just had to plug in and do a bit of re-wiring

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
or , if your in melbourne, theres a place in coburg, i think its called electric life? electric 4 life, something like that, anyway, if you supply switchs + regulators + your car, he quoted me ~$200-$300 for him to install it all, and make up his own wiring loom. I ended up buying a car with electric windows, so i didnt need to do it, but worth looking into if your not confident :)

butch123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu/vy maloo
thats exactly what im looking for! i can do most of the labour for him of putting the regulators in and stripping interior so maybe he can do an even cheaper price for me for just running the wiring thanx alot mate!

butch123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu/vy maloo
do you have his number or where abouts it is?? cheers!

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Google is your friend!!

Electric Life Aust
295 Sydney Rd, Coburg VIC 3058
(03) 9383 3511

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Thats the one caaf :) He also does it in a single day (said it takes ~4 hours) to do the whole thing. If you havent purcahsed your window regulators yet though, try and get vy/vz ones rather than vt/vx ones. Newer, less likely to fail and apparently the internals are better oon them

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
i found out that i have no wiring in my VT for elec windows and was a bit pissed bout it. thought stuff it coz i got quoted about 100 an hour at some auto elec. place, thought about trying to get the wiring diagram and doing it myself but never got round to it.