Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Dianostic

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Hey guys i have a VY Senator and it currently has a check engine alarm on my dash. i originally had an Oxygen sensor error from when I upgraded my exhaust but now i think I could have a couple extra codes. I brought a tool from ebay (china) and did not works. So I called Holden and they said it could take hours to diagnose it at $105 an hour. Bloody money hungry pricks trying to rip me off lol(I watched it get done when I found out about the oxygen sensor error and it took 2 mins).
My question is is there any one around the Berwick area that could do this for me? or recommend any one?
Would be a great help, thanks in advance

dave-the-sparky

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 5.7 calais
g'day. common problem with late model pcm's is if they show up an oxy sensor fault it is more than likely a vacuum leak. check the rubber connectors (3 of them) and the pvc tubes from the rocker covers to the throttle body.

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Thanks guys i think I am going to buy one myself so i can do it whenever i need it and at a time that suits me. I have opted to get one of the similar but cheaper units off ebay so when I get it and have a play i will let you know what its like. I brought a cheap one from china ($40) a while back and that was a piece of s@#t homemade thing that did not work.

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
hey guys got my new scan tool in the mail a couple days ago. Its the Maxscan GS500, It doesn't seem to be doing what it is suppost to do. I have a get engine alarm on my dash and a known O2 sensor fault but the scan tool, after diagnosing did not find any codes at all.
Any ideas???
:hmmm:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
hey guys got my new scan tool in the mail a couple days ago. Its the Maxscan GS500, It doesn't seem to be doing what it is suppost to do. I have a get engine alarm on my dash and a known O2 sensor fault but the scan tool, after diagnosing did not find any codes at all.
Any ideas???
:hmmm:
I purchased a Memoscan and it also shows no fault codes and I know there is at least one (oil pressure sensor). The problem is the protocol is different. You would need to buy and Australian one specific to LS1, there were some on ebay but around $200.

Last edited:

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
I purchased a Memoscan and it also has no fault codes and I know there is at least one (oil pressure sensor). The problem is the protocol is different. You would need to buy and Australian one specific to LS1, there were some on ebay but around $200.

Thanks for that, that is a big help. I have sent the guy an email for my money back. On the advert on ebay it says it will read codes from all GEN3 engines from 2001, including VY commodores.

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
i got the same one from ebay,yeh it did say it reads codes and deletes them,but after using it it didnt work so i took it back and then he told me it only does live scan and does not read codes or delete them on my model (gen3 VY),he said the one i needed to read and delete codes was the maxidiag US703 as i mentioned before.
if you got it from the same guy i got it from on ebay he doesnt have a problem with refunds :)

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
give Gary at Chevs Performance Centre in Carrum Downs a ring, he'll sort it out.