Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 instrument cluster into V6

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
i put a VX GenIII V8 Cluster into my VX acclaim with v6 ecotech.

Tacho was completely wrong (idle at 2,500rpm, and red lining on slow take off lol), had to get it re programmed with a TECH2 to get it all working properly, because RPM pulses are different, so are fuel and temp senders, so those wont be working correctly.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
yeap holden can sort it out no problem, just they quoted me $150 to do it. And since im a tight arse i didnt, Then i realised a mate of mine is mates with a guy who owns an autoelectrician shop.

Got him to do it for me for $40. So it pays to know your connections ;)

If you do go with holden, just tell them that your car has a single window clusters, and you want to upgrade to a 3 window which you already have.

Also, you will get it done cheaper from holden if you remove the old cluster and install the new yourself.

another Also, If they say it will take 1 1/2 hours to do (like they tried on me), dont believe them. My mates mates auto elect friend got it done in literally 5-10 minutes. If they insist it will take that long, request to WATCH him spend 1 1/2 hours on your car programming a cluster, then request he finds a better suited job if it takes him that long ;)

Only problem they might have is that its a 250k cluster and not a 220, but it SHOULD be fine, should just be a setting ;)

rr088

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1 Calais
Hey mate, I have a scantool & can re program a cluster for $25- just to give you an example it should take 5 minutes tops for an experienced operater to complete it. Hope this helps

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Thanks for your replys. Im a mechanic myself at Ford so I know using the diagnostic equipment to program things doesnt take hours. Takes about 3 mins to program a PCM on a Ford let alone an instrument cluster. While they're there ill get them to do a self test because me thinks theres something wrong with the TPS on my car.

I plugged it in & im happy that all the trip computer & everything works. Turns out I have the mid series BCM.