Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH wiring issues

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Redcliffe, Western Australia / Wiluna, North Weste
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
Hi there, when i recieved my VH commodore it had no engine bay wires some were unclipped some were cut off,

anyway i've figured most of it out, just wondering what these last few are for

IMG00250.jpg

thanks

mrvdv

vanders
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Holden Commodore
ewwwwwwwww how yucky are those connections lol

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
warning light senders for oil pressure(dk blue) and temperature(green), idle solenoid and electric choke heater on carby(tan) , yellow is ignition coil + ......the harness is usually taped up and inside black ribbed conduit and clipped around engine.

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Redcliffe, Western Australia / Wiluna, North Weste
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
warning light senders for oil pressure(dk blue) and temperature(green), idle solenoid and electric choke heater on carby(tan) , yellow is ignition coil + ......the harness is usually taped up and inside black ribbed conduit and clipped around engine.

Sweet, i put a holley carby on, so i have a cable choke now, would it be okay of i just taped over the end of the carby solenoid one?

as for the temperature i have a sender in the side of the head and another with 2 wires (cut off) on the thermostat, which one do i use?

i also have a normal points dizzy, i plugged the big tan wire from the other connector you see there onto it, does the yellow one still need to be attached?