Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR commodore fault codes 16,48,49

sandy2066

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore equipe
Can anyone help! I have a vr commodore that has several issues. It was running temp on half with fan kicking in after short drives. Had radiator flushed and new thermostat installed this didn't seem to improve the temp but was told normal to run at 1/2 even car didn't run this high previously. Car would not start this morning RACV diagnosed codes 16 ECT signal voltage, 48 cam shaft pos signal and 49 cam/crank signal intermittent. Also have had problems with interior light not turning off couple of months ago removed fuse to stop prob. Are all these problems related to PCM? Contacted auto elec they want to clear codes wait for any problems as codes could be old. Car was serviced 2 months ago, battery removed so from reading other threads thought that cleared old codes? Any advice appreciated also are these expensive fixes?

dave-the-sparky

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 5.7 calais
on the vr's there are 2 temp senders. one is for the dash gauge and the other is for the PCM. the PCM controls the engine fan.that one may be stuffed. looking at my code list "16" is coolant temp sensor circuit (voltage unstable)
and the fact there is an issue with crank and cam sensor's as well i would be checking the engine loom for damage. the 4 wires from the crank sensor run up the passenger side of the engine and go in to the dfi module (the plate under the ignition coils). the int light bit. (sound silly but check that the switch behind the headlight switch is off) could be one of the door switches or could be in the body control module.