Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Switching two neons.. I know I'm a poof...

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Got two little blue neons for sub display purposes ha... but ahhh basically.. I'm no autoelec, my knowledge of anything to do with ohms law like resistance, voltage, wattage, amperage, impedance etc etc is all down pat, but when it comes to cars.. I'm stuffed.
So basically, I'm wiring two 6" neons I got from autobarn, don't know any ratings besides that they are 12v dc compatible.. well duh. They got the cigarette lighter plug in on em and a box which looks like it has a resistor or two in it with the fuse. (haven't taken them out of the packet yet)..

Quiet simply... Do I just run (what size cable? there are no ratings over the packet about amp, watt or resistance ratings) from the fuse box to the switch then loop off the switch, run down the side of the car and meet with a join in the two which split, mounted over the subs?

Any help is certainly appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited:

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
The first thing you ought to do is get the 'f' word out of your post or else you may get in some strife.

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
eh.. I didn't know 10 year olds had to be catered for on here? just annoying seeing stars all the time.
But ahh anybody able to help? or at least lead me in the right direction.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
just run them off the boot light, so when you open the boot they come on... saves running an extra switch and wiring to the boot. You can either wire up a cigarette lighter socket so you can plug them straight in, or cut the ciggy plug off and wire them directly to the boot light (making sure there is no resistors etc inside the plug itself)

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Yeah, that's more than likely what I would have done. Except the box faces towards the car, not much point wiring it so it can only be seen when stopped when ya have to get in the back seat to see.. it's when you pull the middle seat down you see it. The box has an incline so I rekon it would look pretty cool with a bit of blue in there.