Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jumping off a fuse?

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Hey... Just put a switch in (cut the hole too big so it looks a little dodgy :( But that doesn't matter..) and I've wired everything, given a ground yada.. only thing is supply... Do I just unscrew the fuses, pull it off, find which one I wanna loop off then do some soldering?

Cheers!

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
You're not overly clear on what you would like to do.. Any who.. I'd personally pop out the fused tag from the panel and amend to it. As it saves having a floating connection covered up with a bit of tape :p

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Ah I'm good at being vague.. oops. I have a three prong switch. Supply, acc and ground/earth. I assume the supply is just looping and then running down to the neons. And the switch is connecting/disconnecting to ground. Meaning the Accessories part is just useless unless I want it to be lit up with the acc lights correct?

As for the supply though, I want that to come off a fuse. And as I was about to do it I realized its the first thing I've ever wired in a car which is doing so.. I was wondering what the connections/terminals are like and if it's as simple as unscrewing the fuse holder thing off, finding the correct fuse I want to have protect it, loop off the other cable and then run from there.

Cheers

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Ok I think I know what you mean.

However I think you'll find that the three tags on the switch is as follows,

supply = 12v+
Acc=switched active to device
ground= for use of allowing the light within the switch to become lit.

If its your first time pop those little buggers out I'd say leave it :p As they can be a right pain.

I think also you'll need a really low rating fuse to at least protect the neon's wiring.

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
I thought the acc part was the switched active aswell, like a normal in house switch. But when I experimented it wasn't :S, I'll have another crack.. lol

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Dunno what I was smoking before. The acc is the switched active..
Any who. I jumped off the cig. lighter.. and now my shift light isn't working.. so I cant see the green lit up P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1..... Fuses look good (will test them tomorrow cause I'm going out soonish).. and the light looks good too.. they're in a series circuit obviously. Putting the switch in between the cig lighter and those lights wouldn't take away all the voltage though would it?

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I don't have a clue what you're smoking LOL It must be good!!

LOL neon's take sweet bugger all to run.. You've clearly pulled on something. A fresh mind without the smoke :p and I'm sure you'll sort it!