Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU Help

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Just wondering if you know where i can get a good reliable reconditioned ECU or even brand new one. I am in Brisbane. It is for a VP V6 Manual, and i need a memcal as well.
TIA.:beer chug:

Last edited:

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
bump bump... Ok ok ok

one word... wreckers!

or

Have a chat to the local auto lecky (that won't be back till next near year)

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
While buying a used ECM has risk, the price difference between one and even a reco. one makes it an attractive option.

The 1227808 ECM was used in:

LD Holden Astra, 1.6 and 1.8

N13 Nissan Pulsar, 1.6 and 1.8

JD unleaded (TBI) Camira

JE Camira

VN, VP, VQ, VG V6 and V8

There are plenty around, just swap in your MemCal - 2 mins work.

You want a good reason, e.g. suspect a fault with it, to replace the MemCal as there are many variations in the tunes even within ostensibly the same model. This is why I suggested that you keep your current MemCal in the other thread. Otherwise, match the model number on the MemCal, visible on the sticker on the IC.

As a diagnostic step, running any MemCal appropriate to the engine (Series II V6) that you have will work, even an auto. one in the manual. That may however result in some drivability issues, mostly around idle conditions.

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
While buying a used ECM has risk, the price difference between one and even a reco. one makes it an attractive option.

The 1227808 ECM was used in:

LD Holden Astra, 1.6 and 1.8

N13 Nissan Pulsar, 1.6 and 1.8

JD unleaded (TBI) Camira

JE Camira

VN, VP, VQ, VG V6 and V8

There are plenty around, just swap in your MemCal - 2 mins work.

You want a good reason, e.g. suspect a fault with it, to replace the MemCal as there are many variations in the tunes even within ostensibly the same model. This is why I suggested that you keep your current MemCal in the other thread. Otherwise, match the model number on the MemCal, visible on the sticker on the IC.

As a diagnostic step, running any MemCal appropriate to the engine (Series II V6) that you have will work, even an auto. one in the manual. That may however result in some drivability issues, mostly around idle conditions.

Thanks your help is appreciated.:beer chug: