Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina Foglight wiring/ sun visor wiring

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Hey guys first thing, does anyone know if the 1998 VT Berlina has fog light wiring in place already? I have looked behind the dash near the headlight switch and cant see any other loom in there for the foggies to be wired up.

So if there is none there, how can the foggies be wired up? Will they need to be wired into the original headlight loom to get them working?

Another thing i need to know is how to connect my new VX calais sun visors with lights into some kind of plug. I have felt around in the roof but there is no loom around there for the visors. I have bought some loom for the visors (a plug for each visor that lead to a bigger plug) where does this bigger plug actually plug in to? Or will the wire need to be connected to the main interior light for power?

If anyone can help it would be great thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You will almost certainly have the wiring for the fog lights. If you look under the car, on ether side of the radiator supports you will find a wiring connector ( on the passenger side the will also be a plug for an extra horn). Behind the headlight switch there should be 2 more connectors and they might be a bit hard to find so have a good look, one of these connectors is for the fog light switch.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
as for the sunvisors there already in the roof a friend of mine had a 98 vt berlina and he bought some of the same visors not knowing and the plugs were there i was amazed

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
as for the sunvisors there already in the roof a friend of mine had a 98 vt berlina and he bought some of the same visors not knowing and the plugs were there i was amazed

Actually there was nothing there, had to splice into the interior light. The loom for the fog lights was also not there, had to get everything wired up from scratch

BTW thread was 7 months old

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
really? yea i noticed the thread was old but wasnt sure if u had got it all goin? um im sure they were there did u pull the front of the lining down and have a look or check over by the drivers side b-pillar? ah well u got it workin

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
really? yea i noticed the thread was old but wasnt sure if u had got it all goin? um im sure they were there did u pull the front of the lining down and have a look or check over by the drivers side b-pillar? ah well u got it workin

Na nothing was there, yeah all good had it wired up, thanks for your input