Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alarm arms itself... while driving???????

30ATE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
G'day guys, i've a VK calais and i tried to protect my car by installing a mongoose alarm 60s... its acting up, while driving the alarm will arm its self?????!!!!!!!!!! and its draining my battery, the battery is brand new and i've had it checked. Does anyone have any clue whats going on? or does anyone know if i could buy a VR genuine alarm and put that in it? I've heard that genuine don't drain your battery :S the guy could be pulling my leg but, if you don't ask... you don't know.

Cheers

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
Have you got the 'Ignition Input' connected? Needs +12v when the engine is on.... No Volts when the engine is off.

Recheck ALL the wiring. The unit should not drain the battery, not overnight anyway.

Mongoose Wiring.jpg

Last edited:

30ATE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 308
after i did some checking of the wires. One of the wires, the 12v had broken and it was connecting from the vibration of the car. Hence probably why the alarm armed itself while driving the lights would sound and the lights would flash. But shes all good now. Cheers guys.