Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few Electrical Problems with VNC

Karsten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
I have a few problems with my VN Calais that i am not to sure whats causing them or how to fix them, and would apreciate if you could tell me whats causing them or even better how to fix them.

- Firstly my power windows work when ever they feel like it, usually if its a warm day, they tend to not work at all, but when it cools down they turn back on, ive checked the fuse and its working properly, so it could be the switches short circuiting, if im correct?

- Secondly, I ocasionaly (everytime i drive for over 30 minutes or so) get the Coolant Temp Warning Light on when im driving, which causes the fuel guage not to work so i dont know how much petrol i have, ive checked the coolant and its full so it must be a faulty sensor or somethig like that?

- Thirdly when ever i lock my car, the central locking goes up, down, up, down, etc for about 5 or 6 times, like the alarm has gone of or sumthing/

would apreciate it, if i could find out these problems, thanks in advanced

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The coolant warning is from the voltage regulator failing in the cluster. Take the regulator out of the cluster and re solder the cracked joints - will fix this issue for you.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec

Karsten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
The coolant warning is from the voltage regulator failing in the cluster. Take the regulator out of the cluster and re solder the cracked joints - will fix this issue for you.

where abouts is the voltage regulator in the cluster? is there any instructions already made on how to fix this? Thanks for your help

Karsten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
first-check the relays
second-is the motor getting hot?
third-one of the central locking actuaters is stuffed

How would you go about checking the fuse relays? The motor isnt getting hot for all i know, i checked the coolant tank and it was pretty much full. btw what is the central locking actuaters and where abouts are they located?
Thanks for your help

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Not to sure how to go about doing this, any instructions would be helpful
thanks

Drop the fuse panel cover and on the left will be the retangle window module. Held in by 3 screws. Unplug and "pop" the top off. Inspect the solder joints for cracks. I use a magnify glass and scribe to do this.

Karsten

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Drop the fuse panel cover and on the left will be the retangle window module. Held in by 3 screws. Unplug and "pop" the top off. Inspect the solder joints for cracks. I use a magnify glass and scribe to do this.

this will fix my power windows aswell?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
this will fix my power windows aswell?

thats what it will fix .......the module is for the power windows...it supplies the power to the switches so when youre driving they work and they continue to work for a timed amount after you turn the key off...it also has the automatic drivers window down function