Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

one headlight not working on highbeam?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey everyone, I just put new white headlights in my VR and for some reason the drivers side light doesn't go onto highbeam but the left one does.

I can't say if it worked before that as I only just bought the car. It did have a cracked headlight on the passenger side, which was replaced - but the guy I bought it from didn't know it was there and washed the car, so water got inside that headlight i'm wondering if that could have caused a short in the electrics?

that headlights been replaced now, but the parkers are still pretty dull and the highbeam issue. any ideas?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Hey everyone, I just put new white headlights in my VR and for some reason the drivers side light doesn't go onto highbeam but the left one does.

I can't say if it worked before that as I only just bought the car. It did have a cracked headlight on the passenger side, which was replaced - but the guy I bought it from didn't know it was there and washed the car, so water got inside that headlight i'm wondering if that could have caused a short in the electrics?

that headlights been replaced now, but the parkers are still pretty dull and the highbeam issue. any ideas?

i have the same issue with my vl but its the otherside, i know its a wire but i havent had the time figure it out yet. it also has new lights,bulbs etc, control arm etc so its not any of those.

it may just be 1 wire for u too, could even be a connection.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
checked your fuses? also water in the light wont create a short but it could cause the plug to rust out which makes for a bad connection.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
checked your fuses? also water in the light wont create a short but it could cause the plug to rust out which makes for a bad connection.

will check the fuses. hmm that could be the case but that ones been replaced as in the whole unit so I don't think it's that.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have the same issue with my vl but its the otherside, i know its a wire but i havent had the time figure it out yet. it also has new lights,bulbs etc, control arm etc so its not any of those.

it may just be 1 wire for u too, could even be a connection.

hmm let me know if you find out

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Check that the plug for the gloge hasn't burnt. My VN has this problem with my passenger headlight. Found out the plug was all burnt and when wiggled, the light came back on.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
checked fuses, replaced one now my cigarette lighter works lol.

stockies which plug were you talking about?

The plastic plug that you plug the actual globe into. Has three pins I think.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
hahah i think i figured out what it is.
my headlights seem to have two sets of globes, one for normal and one for highbeam.

the left hand light is working on highbeam but its still yellow (changed to white lights)
and the right and one is missing completely! some extra globes and a part from the wreckers should fix it.

all headlights are probably like this and i'm a fool ahaha.