Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior lights won't turn off

tommo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VR 93
bought a replacement bulb for the interior light (inside ceiling light) as it had burnt out (cant remember if its ever worked since i bought the car a few months ago)

put it in, as soon as it touches both terminals it turns on and gets incredibly hot. it wont turn off, even with car doors closed + checked, opened then re-closed, engine turned on then off, fiddled around with headlights etc. there are no switches on/near the interior light itself, but the plastic next to the light has burn/scorch marks.. presumably from the last bulb burning so hot for so long as well. bulb is 12v18w, original burnt-out bulb was12v21w

is there a switch that i cant find, or is there a fuse blown, or a dodgy wire?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
switch is next to headlight switch, the slider next to it, when in the top position, is interior light on.

also, pretty sure interior light is only supposed to be 10w. thus the burning

tommo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VR 93
cheers mate, ran to servo and got a 12v10w that doesnt burn like ****. i also tried that dial before but i didnt see it do anything immediately so i thought it controlled headlight intensity or something. the bottom level doesnt immediately turn the interior lights off, seems identical to 2nd/mid level which is 'door light' -- which takes 5-10 seconds to go off after you close the door again. which makes sense, i was just impatient before

cheers for the help, all good now (except for the bottom level, which i cant figure out what it does.. doesnt turn off light)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
This thread just saved me, I also thought that switch was a dimmer for dash and ended up removing the fuse to turn the lights off lol. All good now glad i stumbled across this, Cheers!