Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with HIDS

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
hey all. installing a set of HIDs into my vy (H4) and not working. there is power going into the ballast but nothin going out. checked them on my friends r31 skyline and they worked. tried the other set of HIDs my mate had in his skyline and they didnt work yet worked in his car. when on high beam the yellow globes on the hids work but not the actual hid globe.

Im so stumped. please help me. all connections are fine. it has to be something simple..

cheers boys.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
When I wired up mine I had the same problem, from what I've been told (and what worked for me) was to reverse the wires into the headlight as Holden wiring is back to front.

Alternatively take it to an auto-sparky.

I take no responsibility for any damage caused....

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Basically you've got the 2 plugs coming out of the HID kit, and they plug into the earth of the headlight and into the headlight socket itself.....

Just switch the plug that goes into the headlight socket into the earth of the headlight and visa versa.

This is what worked for me, in saying that though I did this on my VX Altezza lights and the highbeam on my stock lights - Being a H1 globe it may be very different.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
When I wired up mine I had the same problem, from what I've been told (and what worked for me) was to reverse the wires into the headlight as Holden wiring is back to front.

Alternatively take it to an auto-sparky.

I take no responsibility for any damage caused....

hay mate what kit did you buy and where from?????

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
anyway what you said worked so thanks heaps for that. bloody holden have to be douches :) rep left :)