Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camera for commo/float (not reversing camera)

Shelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
LT-R Colorado
Can anybody recommend a camera to be placed into my horse float so i can view the horses while im driving??
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Can anybody recommend a camera to be placed into my horse float so i can view the horses while im driving??
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

A baby monitor could work or there are DIY security kits from bunnings and dick smith you could try.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
HakHawk should be able to help you out here :) he has done something similar to a customers float

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
i would suggest an infrared ccd camera for the highest quality and brightness in a dark enviroment.
around 300.

Shelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
LT-R Colorado
Somthing like this?

Gator Hybrid Wireless / Wired Selectable Reversing System (L6050) | Dick Smith Online Store (AERPro are the manafacturers)

Otherwise Colour Wireless Reversing System (L6112) | Dick Smith Online Store ?

The Gator one i have seen installed on a VE commodore and it was good quality (running through wireless). If you head to a larger store they might even be able to discount a bit more.

Is it a reversing camera or an actual camera so i can view the horses??

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is it a reversing camera or an actual camera so i can view the horses??
A reversing camera is simply a normal camera facing the rear, so a good quality reversing camera will do the job, all you need is a monitor to connect it to. You can get a 7" monitor at Big W for $70-$100 depending if it is on special or not.
Here is the camera I bought a couple of years ago and I am very happy with the picture quality, especially for the price. It has a Sharp 1/3" image sensor unlike the cheaper cameras which use CMOS.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/A56-License-...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ced12738b
Here is one of the same quality but with infra red for night vision.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUPER-HEAVY-...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45f069f96d
You might want to get one with infra red if you plan on using it at night. Mine does not have infra red but since I use it as a reversing camera I find the reversing lights light things up really well.

Last edited:

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
If he got a reversing camera though, would there be a way he could make it be on all the time and not only when reversing?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If he got a reversing camera though, would there be a way he could make it be on all the time and not only when reversing?
Yes, mine is on all the time, it is connected to my GPS navigator and I press the A/V button when I want the camera. Instead of connecting the power wire to the reversing lights you connect it to somewhere that gives you power when the ignition is on.