Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp indicators shorting out problem

knight wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp executive v6 auto
hi
my indicators and hazard keep blowing fuses even when i went for a 10 to a 25 and there was a buzzing noise in the dash in.
I'm not sure wot the problem is so i just thought i might ask on here b4 i pull my dash apart
any advice would be really appreciated

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
hi
my indicators and hazard keep blowing fuses even when i went for a 10 to a 25 and there was a buzzing noise in the dash in.
I'm not sure wot the problem is so i just thought i might ask on here b4 i pull my dash apart
any advice would be really appreciated

Check all your indicator globes. take them all out and see if it pop a fuse. Dont use a 25 amp either. use the correct spec.

If it blows the fuse with the globes out then you have a short in the wires for sure. Then put the globes back one at a time.

knight wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp executive v6 auto
thanks i didnt even think of trying that. that was how i found out some1 undone 1 of my indicators and it was shorting out on the battery and there's also a problem in my indicator switch.
and thanks again

vn_calais_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais 3.8l
hey im having a similar problem with my vn calais its not blowing fuses but the indicators dnt work but the hazards do but if i press the hazard button in nd out for a while the indicators work for a few seconds b4 stopping i think maybe the hazards are shorting em out and i also can hear a buzzing behind the dash where the hazard button is..any ideas?

Z3R()

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
hey im having a similar problem with my vn calais its not blowing fuses but the indicators dnt work but the hazards do but if i press the hazard button in nd out for a while the indicators work for a few seconds b4 stopping i think maybe the hazards are shorting em out and i also can hear a buzzing behind the dash where the hazard button is..any ideas?
Did you work it out? Im having the same problem...

wagonman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX V8 WAGON
Hi Guy's,
I'm not an auto elec, but I've had my fare share of this issue. The buzzing you can hear is the indicator relay being tripped because of current reversal usually because of damaged ( crimped over time ) wiring in the indicator stalk, try ur luck finding a good second hand one in your colour or buy new after market - any colour so long as it's black, I found feebay to be the cheapest. Hope this helps.
Cheers