Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

neon connection ?????

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
hi guys i have a vp commie and i want to connect a neon into my boot, the 1 i bout has a cigi lighter conection but i want it to turn on when i open the boot. can i just cut off the cigi connection and wire it to the bootlight ??????? cheers chris

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Use the boot ligth wireing find out what it is switching
example is it switching 12volts positive or a negative when the boot opens.
And also you got to consider the power of load you are putting on the boot light circuit. But in this case it should be ok neaon dont draw to much current

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
the boot light is running a 10 fuse and the cigi lighter is running a 20 fuse. but the neon is 12 volts
if that helps

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Use the boot light circuit because you want the neon to come on when the boot opens. That’s what the boot light does.
The neon light is 12volts does it say how much current draw the neon will produce.
What kind of neon is it.?
Is like a tube style if so it will be ok.

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
yea its tube style. but i dnt think it says how much it draws. but i will give it a shot thanks mate :D

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
If you're worried, then instal an inline fuse in the neon pos wire, just after where you tap into the boot light wire. Try a 2 amp, if that blows, go 5.

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Easier way:
Just pop out the boot light with a flat screwdriver, solder the negative and positive wires from the neon to the boot light wiring just before the light. My 2 neons have worked well for over a year.