Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Headlamp failure

OllieTwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Ok so was driving back to the Riverland last night, went to switch on highbeams and they came up and flickered for a bit flickered and then died.

Nothing happens when I flick the headlight stalk to 'hi'. Is it the bulbs, or is the relay gone along the line somewhere - already checked the fuses and its not them... :hmmm:

Oh yeah, I should add that low-beams still work fine, just country driving with only them is a bit ****.

Last edited:

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah sounds like globes.

When you buy new ones, put them in one at a time and then test (that way you can tell if the wires somewhere are shorting out)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Pull the globes out and test them .Grab 2 lengths of wire and hook the globes up to the battery .
Costs nothing and will save you buying 2 new globes if the old ones check out ok . Just remember not to touch the glass part of the globe .

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
To properly test your high beams to see if they are not working.
You must get a test light and take the plug off behind the globe and probe the pins. Switch the high
beams on and check if there is power getting sent out to the plug with your test light.
If there is then it is your globes blown.
But if there is no power at the plug then it might be a relay or the stalk switch.
Obviously you check the fuses first.