Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with speedo bulbs asap

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
hi guys, made a boo boo when i pulled my instrument cluster and tried to pull out the globes out of those little plastic sockets.
The 3 bigger bulbs are easy super cheap sell them no prob there the issue is with the smaller ones that light up the engine light etc, where can i buy them from and i think they need to be bought with the socket as when i broke one to try and get it out found it was fixed in, and there is also 2 little blue socket bulbs i need to replace them to???
any help much appreciated and also are all the bulbs clear lighting and just reflect thru a green celifane thing to produce the green color on my speedo and warning lamps or are they all colored.

cheers in advance.

its a vr with l3 cluster also.

IvanTheTerrible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Holden would be the easiest place or Repco, Supercheap, Autobahn, Local Auto Elec. And yes they are globe and holder.

VSPantha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS V8
I think the bulbs u need are the B8.5D type.
Ask for them when you go in.

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
thanks guys, supercheap, repco etc dnt stock the bulb and socket ones only the actual speedo wedge bulbs.
will try holden, hoping they dnt rip me a new a** hole coz i wanna replace them all.

CU5H1NG

CU5H1NG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
hi guys, made a boo boo when i pulled my instrument cluster and tried to pull out the globes out of those little plastic sockets.
The 3 bigger bulbs are easy super cheap sell them no prob there the issue is with the smaller ones that light up the engine light etc, where can i buy them from and i think they need to be bought with the socket as when i broke one to try and get it out found it was fixed in, and there is also 2 little blue socket bulbs i need to replace them to???
any help much appreciated and also are all the bulbs clear lighting and just reflect thru a green celifane thing to produce the green color on my speedo and warning lamps or are they all colored.

cheers in advance.

its a vr with l3 cluster also.

Hey guys,

Might be a stupid question but, what type of bulb replaces the bulbs for the gauges behind the dash? (rpm, speedo,fuel and engine thermostat). I have a 95 VS Acclaim if that helps

Any comments are much appreciated :)

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
behind the speedo etc is actually just a 5mm wedge bulb in a plastic base. I swapped mine out with some white LED's and worked great. (apart from some bright spots)

VSPantha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS V8
behind the speedo etc is actually just a 5mm wedge bulb in a plastic base. I swapped mine out with some white LED's and worked great. (apart from some bright spots)

The main bulbs for the cluster illumination are not T5.... they're T10. If you are replacing them with LED's then get the ones off ebay with the 6LED's per bulb. Single LED bulbs won't be bright enough and you'll end up with an almost unlit cluster.

The smaller bulbs for the warning lamps etc are B8.5D. You can get them off Ebay too.