Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V8 Calais - Loom problems

tubbed383

Let's fry!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L A4
hey guys, just transplanted motor and box from one vn to another. now i kept the loom on the motor and put it in, everything connects except for 2 plugs. white one new the ecu and one of the plugs that runs near the fuse box. now can someone tell me there was 2 different looms used for calais? as both are out of vn calais.

the one near the ecu runs a different plug has the same colours except for 2 pink ones (one is thicker than others) and 2 brown ones. the loom in the car runs 2 pink ones the same size and but run into different sections.

one near fuse box uses a different style plug again. has different coloured wires too.

ive got an engine loom diagram for vn v8, vr v8 and vs v8. none of them are any help! lol

anyone got any insight to this?

p.s. the car DOES run but battery light stays on when key is taken out. just wanna make sure ive got it right cos ive just splice the plug from the loom from other car that is near the ecu and just guessed. ones in engine bay ive just used wire to connect to wires that match and guess the ones that are different.

interior plug pics...
29012010195.jpg

wiring off the plug...
29012010196.jpg

wiring from body loom...
29012010199.jpg

wiring near fuse box...
29012010194.jpg

if you want any other pics let me know and ill do my best. cheers guys.

trevor k

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
hi just asking i have the same prob with the plugs that u have on this page can u tell me what wires u put where plz thanks