Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no spark in coil after changing crank sensor

shanebell2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
hi everyone i need help...... i just rebuild the front end after a smash all was working good now i just swapped out my old crank sensor with a eirlyer VN sensor it started real rough then stalled i tried the VN computer and it started then stalled and now even with my old crank sensor and VP computer the car wont turn over or even put a spark out of the coil pack...... plz help iam going mad

shanebell2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
o and even tried swapping the harmonic balances over and it did nothing

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
Mate, you don't need the computer to be plugged in to get spark.

Check all fuses and the pink or red wire on the DFM harness plug (the pin at the front) to the Module under the coils is getting 12V. This comes from BCM plug under the dash on the pass side to the eng wire harness near the ECU.

Then check the 4 wries are not damaged/cut from the CAS to the DFM plug.

As long as there is positive and negative and the 4 wires from the CAS, you should get spark when cranking.

shanebell2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
Cheers bud.. 1 of the wires on the harness was buggered and the 2nd coil was blown... Now just the GB front O ring n iam done

laid to rest

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn v6
holden vn v6 coil

Hi i have a holden vn v6 91 model,i want to install a shift light tachometer and one of the wires needs to go to the ignition coil negative,can somene please help me witch colour is the negative wire to the coil

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^^^^^^^Hey You!!

This may help

- The green wire listed in the image gets connected to the brown tacho feed wire located within the loom near the passenger-side strut tower under the bonnet.

And you really should:
1. Do a search for what your looking for (as there is a great write-up on here related to how to install tacho's)
2. Not post completely random questions in someones thread.
or 3. start your own thread after exhausting all other options.

Cheers,

Last edited:

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Mate, you don't need the computer to be plugged in to get spark.

Check all fuses and the pink or red wire on the DFM harness plug (the pin at the front) to the Module under the coils is getting 12V. This comes from BCM plug under the dash on the pass side to the eng wire harness near the ECU.

Then check the 4 wries are not damaged/cut from the CAS to the DFM plug.

As long as there is positive and negative and the 4 wires from the CAS, you should get spark when cranking.

Hey mate the power for the DFI module comes from the ECM
It comes form the connector A6 from the ECM.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it actually comes from the efi relay by the battery same feed as the injectors but thats just nit picking LOL

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
it actually comes from the efi relay by the battery same feed as the injectors but thats just nit picking LOL

Not exactly the ECM will provide a signal to the DFI module and the EFI relay coil.
This signal comes from the ECM A6 pin.