Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED taillights

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I brought some LED taillights off ebay. The right one works perfectly, but on the left side the reversing light on the boot doesn't work and the brake light only comes on half bright unless the lights are on, and then it's full bright.
Can this be fixed somehow, it was just a straight plug in. Or did I just buy more crap off ebay?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Have you tried swapping them over just to test that there isn't a problem with your wiring. I know the lights won't fit swapped over but just plug them in to check. If your wiring is fine contact the seller and tell him your situation and you would like a replacement. If you try and fix it you might have trouble exchanging it if you can't fix it. LEDs only work positive to positive and negative to negative, whereas normal incandescent lights work either way around.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I just swapped them over and the problem moved to the other light so it's not a wiring problem.
I will contact the seller on ebay, hopefully there nice.
Thanks for your help

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Doesnt matter if they are nice or not, they gave you a faulty product they pretty much have to replace it for you.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Got word today that because their nearly 2 years old their out of warranty it's not there problem.
Bet my left nut they were faulty since new but never noticed till a mate was following me.
Would an auto elec be able to fix problem?

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Doubtful if an auto sparky would be bothered fixing them. Better off paying $10 for a new one.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
2 years ago the LED's were $220. More expensive than normal globes. They've come down in price a little since then, but still $180

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mate thats a load of crap, eBay you can get GREAT LED's for $20 tops. And for any purpose, brake led, reverse led, indicator led.

For $220 they would want to be gold coated :/

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
put up a pic of the globes so we know what we dealing with could be something as dum as ones wired back 2 front ie tail lights on one side and stops lighting up on the other