Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP!! VZ Power window switch in VS?

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
Ok so me and russ have started wiring up my windows, but bcoz im using a VZ power window switch, we arent sure excactly what wires are what. heres a diagram, hopefully someone can help us out!!

plug 1 - blue/white wire - we think this goes to the up or down of the drivers window switch
plug 2 - green/black wire - we think this goes to the up or down of the drivers window switch
plug 3 - black/blue wire - we think this the earth
plug 4 - orange/yellow wire - we think this is the power wire
plug 5 - empty plug
plug 6 - green wire - wer think thia is up or down for the passenger side window switch
plug 7 - blue wire - wer think thia is up or down for the passenger side window switch
plug 8 - blue/yellow wire
plug 9 - green/yellow wire
plug 10 - white/black wire - thinkin that this could be the child lock wire for cars that have all 4 power windows, but its just an unnecessary wire for utes etc?
plug 11 - empty plug
plug 12 - blue/red wire
plug 13 - green/red wire

VZPOwerwindowwires.jpg

so plugs 8, 9, 12, 13 dont seem to have any purpose, so again were thikin these are the wires for the back windows for the cars that actually have back doors. is this correct or do these wires actually need to be connected to somethin?

we tried to get them working before, but the way we had them connected didnt seem to work. if this makes any sense at all, can someone please help us!!!!! THANKS in advance

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
CRISIS OVER THANK DUCK FOR THAT!!!!!!
NOW ALL THAT IS LEFT IS TO TIDY UP WIRES AND PUT DASH BACK TOGETHER
PLEASE CLOSE THREAD HAHA

(ps capslock used cos im excited :rofl:)

Last edited:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
It's cool - useful info, so I'll move it to the elecky stuff section. :thumbsup:

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
ive got a harness and switch already done to suit vn-vs and vy/vz switch if anyones interested PM me

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate having one problem though dont know what it has to do with though as i have to have my door open for 30secs so the windows turn off???

im not sure if it has something to do with the switch or the VN BCM i had to use?
if anyone has any answers would be great :)